Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mama's birds

This image of 1st and 2nd graders playing basketball,



along with this one (and many moments just like it)



remind me of this:


While this one at 4th grade...







and this one...



reminds me more of this:





I had forgotten what it was like when they just start out. The determination is there, but it's more a game of chance. Hands in the air, patiently waiting for the ball to come to their hands, hesitation when it does. Soon, so soon, that hesitation will wane, replaced with utter confidence about the path down the court, jostling, spinning, swishing. At least that's what we as parents hope for. Every day. Every day, my sweet little boys.

4 comments:

The Duchess said...

Sweet! What a beautiful job we have, watching them grow. (though, please remind me I said this when the job is feeling not so beautiful...).lol

Anonymous said...

I had never thought about that before, but when you put the picture of the baby birds below the one of the kids beneath the basketball hoop, I started cracking up!

Rita said...

That is a very cute comparison! It's great that they love the same sport, isn't it? Makes things easier for you with the transport, I'm sure.

Melissaand3boys said...

Actually this spring will be the big test of the mom and dad taxi service. Nick will be doing competitive baseball. Jake will be doing flag football. Mark will be doing soccer. I had hoped to be able to keep the twins doing the same thing for awhile, forever if they'd do it, but this is where the split has happened.

It was good while it lasted, though, lol!