Saturday, June 6, 2009

That's Two!




I survived today's Sunrise Stampede 10K. I cannot tell you the pride I felt when I crossed the finish line even though the clock read 1:10:37 (70 minutes, 37 seconds). That's about 2 minutes shorter than my BolderBoulder time. I think I ran about the same pace, but I was able to run a straight line rather than constantly weaving in and out. The day was gorgeous! A little warmer than during the BolderBoulder, but not too hot. A year ago I couldn't run a mile, let alone 6.

It was just me since the N had to head up to Cheyenne for a baseball tournament. The twins spent the night at a friends so I was able to go home, shower, change, and even make a fresh latte before picking them up and whisking them off to Wyoming for a baseball game.

Probably not the wisest way to spend over 4 hours given the driving was just under 3 hours of that. But the little guys and I have to miss the championship game tomorrow since the J has a flag football tournament, which he is less than excited about. We anticipate that there will only be one football game since his team just isn't that good. Sucks is the word he uses before I admonish him for saying suck (he is only 6). They play about as well as a group of 6/7 year olds that haven't played before would play. I think they've only scored 6 touchdowns in the games they played, and J scored 3 of those in the 1 game they won. Against a team that doesn't appear to have much defense.

But J's game is during N's game so that makes it impossible to be at both. So at least I don't feel the need to try.

One good thing about the Cheyenne tournament is that it is an overnighter. That gives me some unwind time that is just mine. Mine only. I'll be alone for several hours while M and J are sleeping. Of course I'll sleep, too, but before that...it's just me. One of the big problems of having the R out of work (besides the lack of money, health care benefits, etc) is that there is just too much togetherness. Sometimes it's great having him around the house when no one else is (if you know what I mean), but I am a person in need of alone time. And sometimes I like to be alone in my house. With nothing I have to do.

1 comment:

Rita said...

That is an amazing accomplishment! I really admire marathon runners. You should be so proud of yourself.

It's also great that you got some time to yourself afterwards, you really deserved that!