Monday, June 1, 2009

And We're Off!


Summer vacation started officially 1 week ago.

To date I've: planted my garden and herbs,





cut down the stems of my bulb flowers of spring past, hung up my hanging planters, weeded,




cleaned out the pantry and the fridge,


changed out my bedspread, run a 10K (the BolderBoulder),

Can you find me?

I walked over a mile in a thunderstorm, and run an additional 12 miles. I've stretched yoga-style for about two hours.

I've attended 3 baseball games and 2 football games.



I've taken the N to piano twice, but only because I forgot the new time I had set up so we actually missed the lesson and had to go back the next day.

I've baked cookies twice (this doesn't go well with the running aspect of the program).


To counteract the effect of the cookies I've eaten 7 salad lunches. I've had fish twice. I've eaten the equivilant of one watermelon, a pint of berries, and god only knows how many grapes, both of the green and red variety.







I've made 12 lattes and 5 ice teas. I've snagged several sips of IZZIs left over from my boys. I've sipped about 30 glasses of water. I've finished 2 beach weight library books. We checked out 15 books from the library last week.

I have NOT: actually applied for jobs using my shiny, new resume. I have NOT worked at all on my friend's web site, that I'm creating for free to have in my portfolio. I've decided I probably need to learn a new technology (drupal) to create this website so I've put my dreamweaver version on hold. However I cannot bear to pick up the book I got about drupal, so I have no clue on how to start.

Which would you pick?

1 comment:

Rita said...

Wow, that is an amazing week! My first week of summer (next week) won't be anything like that! I am very impressed.

I also loved the pictures. I covet your pantry.