Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Month Gone By

Already a month into 2009. My age is showing because it really does feel like it's been about a week since Christmas. In fact I confess to having a few Christmas decorations here and there even though it's February! My little pewter reindeer may end up spending the summer up there!



These guys will eventually be put away, but hey...it's supposed to be winter. We should have a few snowmen around here.




But don't tell that to this little guy:


This sign on our front door may be a little out of date:




It's supposed to be replaced by this, but I haven't gotten very far with it!




In just 2 short weeks I'll have a son who is a decade, that's 2 digits, old. Sometimes it seems like he's already a teen, but then at others ... well sometimes we have to remind him of what good bathroom habits are!



And in just a few short months I'll be one year closer to half of a century. Not quite a half century, but I won't be able to get any closer.


It's amazing how time has been sifting through my fingers. In some ways I find that each grain, like each snowflake, is amazingly complex and infinitely analyzable, but when I look at the whole I just have a pile of sand. I'm still finding the best ways to mold it, to have just the right amount of water that as I dump my pail it comes out lumped in one piece stable enough to build onto, but still moldable so I can cut windows, doors, and moats into it. I hope that once I reach that half century mark I'll have something that I can stick a little flag into. Not something finished. Not something ready to be pulled into the ocean. I'm not nearly ready for that! Just enough of something of my own to show for my time here so far.

No comments: