Saturday, September 5, 2009

Don't Sweat the Sweat!

I've always been embarrassed by how much I sweat. Other women could aerobicize without even a glisten, but I'd be dripping, desperate for a towel.

While running, the sweat does it's job. I'm not aware of dripping while in forward motion. It's once I stop that it literally pours out of my pores. My kids no longer dive at me when I return from a run. "Ewwwww, you're wet!" is what I hear as I run upstairs for my shower.

But it's been the classes I've been taking recently that has made me become comfortable in my sweat. The women, all younger and fitter than I, sweat. Seriously sweat. Our instructor drips sweat. All over her cute outfits. She works us hard. We all sweat. It's a good thing. It's a sign that we're working and getting something out of it.

So get your sweat on!

2 comments:

Rita said...

Oh yeah, I love the sweat! It's so cleansing and good. I always feel so strong and healthy after a workout that makes me sweat.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I sweat like a madwoman, and I love it.

Ellie